Bellingham, Washington, is known to those in the Pacific Northwest as a modern, forward-thinking city, diverse in its residents, industries and activities. It’s part college town, part retiree destination; it has a bustling craft brewery scene, and is also home to some of the world’s biggest agricultural producers; it has a notable small-town feel, but is nestled just 90 minutes in either direction between Vancouver, BC, and Seattle.
Now, Bellingham is also home to a modern, forward-thinking real estate brokerage: Redfin.
People in Bellingham and its surrounding communities can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes, from Victorian estates in historic Fairhaven to farm houses in Ferndale. They can also use Redfin.com and its mobile apps to search for every home for sale in all of Whatcom and Skagit Counties.
Redfin agents spend all of their time working with clients and zero time looking for new business, since most Redfin customers discover us through our website. As a result, Redfin operates very efficiently, and we can pass along savings to our clients.
In a selection of markets nationally that now includes Bellingham, Redfin charges sellers just a 1 percent listing fee, instead of the typical 3 percent paid to a seller’s agent, while still providing a beginning-to-end home-selling service that includes everything from pricing and staging advice to professional photography. Someone selling a $500,000 home with a Redfin agent would save about $10,000. For buyers, Redfin refunds part of the buyer’s agent commission, with buyers receiving about $4,000 on average.
Like other Redfin agents, our real estate agents in Bellingham earn salaries and receive health care benefits, along with other great perks. We ask every customer to review their agent and every review — the good, the bad and the ugly — is published on Redfin.com. Redfin agents are then paid bonuses based on their customer’s satisfaction, not commission.
To grow the business locally, Redfin brought seasoned real estate agent Daria Kurkjy to Bellingham. Daria worked in real estate for 14 years before joining the Redfin team in 2013. Since then, Daria has been a leading agent for Redfin’s eastern King County team, earning awards from her peers and positive reviews from customers she served through Redfin.
“My husband and I really love living in Bellingham,” said Daria. “We love being outdoors — hiking, biking, getting out on the water — which this area is obviously perfect for. We also really like the slower pace of things up here. It’s got all of the activities of Seattle, but without the traffic and hustle.”
“People in Bellingham are pretty open to new ways of doing things, which is part of what makes Redfin such a great fit – we offer a combination of service that you don’t see elsewhere in the industry,” said Daria. “So far, we’ve been received extremely well in Bellingham, and people here seem to really value our nontraditional approach to real estate.”
Daria and her team of Bellingham real estate agents are already touring homes with buyers and guiding them through the offer, negotiation and closing processes, as well as helping people sell their homes. If you’re thinking about buying or selling, feel free to connect with Daria or instantly book a home tour.
Redfin.com and the Redfin mobile apps also offer several ways to find out about homes for sale and about the local market, even if you’re just dipping your toe in the water, including:
- Book it Now: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin 3D Walkthrough: High-resolution, interactive views from every angle inside homes listed with a Redfin agent.
- Redfin Estimate: A highly accurate automated calculation of the market value of an individual home, driven by Redfin’s data, cloud computing power and comparable homes on the market.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: A resource for buyers and sellers that includes reviews of lenders, inspectors, title companies, handy-people and stagers, as well as feedback from Redfin agents.
Keep an eye out for our homebuying and selling classes held at local businesses around Bellingham. We’re looking forward to meeting you!